Monday, September 25, 2006

Contemplating Life...

...and Karma in my shower while the warm water was hitting my very sore back, I saw a hair hanging on the shower curtain liner. It was very long so it had been hanging there quite a while. It was mine, no one else uses this shower. I went to snatch it off and glanced at the shower curtain, and saw thru the organza this beauty......
I flicked him thru the shower curtain and by the time I got dry I couldn't find him. So I hit the web to find out what he is and there's good news and bad news.
He is a house centipede.
He eats other bugs like fleas, bedbugs, roaches and flies
(not that we have any but he eats them)
Unfortunately he doesn't eat spiders.
He can live 7 years.
He can bite humans and can be dangerous if allergies to venom exist (I'm allergic to bee stings)
The really bad news is that he isn't the only one I've seen we have been killing them all summer.

1 comment:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's time to call a real estate agent.