Thursday, November 02, 2006

BLOG CHALLENGE

On gnightgirl's site is a challenge


MY BLOG CHALLENGE FOR YOU

Would you all be willing to slow down for just one second, and find one or two material items in your house that bring you joy/memories/sentiment?

Will you photograph them and put them on your blog, or write about them, if you don't have a camera?

If you don't have a blog, send me a photo, and I'll post it, with your blessing.

Those that play, let me know, and I will link to you here.

It's not that I want to place excess value on material items. It's just nice to slow down and acknowledge those things that put a smile on our face. We need not to rush by them.

Spread the word: Game On.

here are mine:

My Frank Howell poster over my bed. I love his work and especially like the use of color in this one.



In my family when a girl turns 16 she gets a ceder chest. It started as a hope chest, but there was no hope for me. This chest has been lugged around 3 different states.
Puppies and children have chewed and scratched it, but it just makes it more "mine"



My earring screens. Had to make these to hold all my earrings. I know my dressing table is a mess.



My doctor was given this clock by a drug rep and I fell in love with it so he gave it to me. I just think its the cutest thing.



When I was 6 I bought this plant at Woolworths for Mothers Day for $1.00. I kept it in my closet until mothers day practically killing it. When we lived in NC it was huge but we had to leave it there (too big for the Lumina) but we took this cutting off of it and started a new one.



My bike. The first vehicle I have purchased since the Unfortunate Marriage or Mirage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nice, Lyn. I like the cedar chest and the plant, especially. I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.

TopChamp said...

Hello - I like this too, so am playing your game. Might have to think about it for a while first though.... (have teaching to do)