Friday, November 17, 2006

I was so excited...

Tuesday I went out drinking.
One of my patients told me she was going to be teaching dance classes on Tuesday nights at the Zodiac (she told me this last summer) and I should come down. Going down there by myself isn't something I would normally do but after winning the Bestest Blog on Tuesday, my confidence was extremely high. When I got there I found out that night they were teaching the Hustle and the ChaCha. I lived through the Hustle once. Also being the Tuesday before payday I had to weigh an important fact into my decision. I had enough money for tequila or dance lessons but not both.

I drank and watched.

I drank a lot.

I did meet a man. He walked my drunk ass home.

So Wednesday was all about the hangover.

So Wednesday night, I had a dream that my new acquaintance sent me flowers at work. It was a nice dream. So on Thursday morning I'm counting the cash and a flower van pulls up in front of the store. My jaw must have dropped open but alas he was taking the flowers to the hair studio next door. Oh well.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh you had me thinking they were for you!!!

Michelle said...

I think I would have chose the "drinking" over dancing too. :0)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Good story; and yeah, beverages over dancing! Maybe next time on the flowers, eh?

Lizza said...

Oh man!

Oh well. :-)