Monday, February 13, 2012

Seven Things I didn't know last Sunday



I know its been awhile since I've done this..I've been distracted.  Maybe I should rename this Shit I didn't know last Sunday


Did you know that air-filled tires were used on bicycles long before they were used on motorcars?
The Japanese use wasabi in toothpaste for it antibacterial properties.
The wasabi we get at sushi resturants in the United States is probably not real wasabi but European horseradish with green food coloring.
It is possible to be banned from borrowing books in Broward County Librarys.

Did you know that you can travel up to 648 miles on a bicycle on the energy equivalent of a single liter of gas? Talk about being environmentally friendly!
 There are roughly one billion bicycles in the world. That is about twice as many bikes as motor vehicles!
 The term “bicycle” was not introduced until the 1860s, when it was coined in France to describe a new kind of two-wheeler with a mechanical drive.




No comments: