Sunday, November 12, 2006

Seven things I didn't know Last Sunday



1. Mom is not an insomniac, her dog is.

2.The Yaris looks like a toy car on lawnmower wheels. It has been eliminated.

3. When Mom got her mothers ashes in the mail, she took them grocery shopping. She put the box marked Human Remains in the seat of the buggy and talked to it while shopping.

4. My hair grows faster when I run a fever.

5. Fe fed me something from the Philippines that had purple yams in it. It tasted like a Moravian Love feast Bun. She told me the name but I have to ask her again. check back for the name.

6. I learned how to say good morning in Tagalog. I have it spelled out phonetically on on post-it-note at work so I can say it to the DHL guy.

7. Catfish tasted pretty good with a coating of cornmeal and whole wheat flour and fried in grapeseed oil. (I trying to eat healthy but my southern roots sometimes is at odds with that endeavor)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, not everyone gets human remains in the mail. Grandma donated her body to science and they returned her afterward.

Lizza said...

Your DHL guy is Filipino? When you see him again, say "Hi, pogi."